Can I restrict user who can add 'Versions' list for a project configuration

Gopal Singh September 6, 2016

Dear Sir/Madam !

I need to restrict the user(s) who can add/edit the Versions for a given JIRA project. Is there any way to do this in JIRA Version 6.4.11 !

Thanks.

:Gopal

4 answers

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2016

Only project administrators can create/manage versions. Nobody else can. You will have to keep the project admin list to a minimum to make sure others cannot manage versions.

1 vote
Lorenzo Bueno
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2016

Hello Gopal,

As far as I know, all the default permissions can be seen here: Managing Project Permissions, note that project permissions can also be used in workflow conditions.

You may want to check Managing versions.

I hope this helps!

0 votes
Lorenzo Bueno
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2016

Gopal,

Quoting Jobin's answer, Managing Project Roles confirms what he said and show you how to do it.

Only Project administrators can create/manage permissions. Project administrators assign members to project roles specifically for their project(s).

Please, let me know if you still have doubts, I hope to have helped!

0 votes
Gopal Singh September 6, 2016

Hi Lorenzo !

I do not see any way to restrict item specific way in permissions. I just want to restrict ‘Versions’ modification. Please advise if I am missing something.

Thanks.

:Gopal

Suggest an answer