Can I restrict a kind of issues to be accessed by a group people?

I have a project, in which many functional people work on it. A field "From Functional Team" in issue screen is associated with each issue, for example, From Functional Team - BA, From Functional Team - Dev, From Functional Team - Testing, From Functional Team - QA....

I also set up a couple of user groups by functional team, such as QA group. Now I hope QA group members can only see the issues involved in QA team, can I use the field "From Functional Team - QA" as a condition to restrict people access the "QA" issues, except QA group? Thanks for your feedback. 

1 answer

1 votes

IT's a bit of a faff, but you can do it.

You could set up an "issue security scheme" which has levels that grant access to different groups. 

If you selected the right type of field for "functional team" (specifically a group picker, and you have you groups set up appropriately), then that should restrict issues by that field.  Only problem is that people could create issues that then vanish from their view if they pick a group they're not in.

Thanks, Nick.

Unfortunately, the original design of screen used a select list (single choice), all of team names in the select list are not fully consistent with group names yet. Do you think your solution is available for my realistic situation? If not, what should I do to meet my goal? Change field type (select list->group picker) and remapping existing field to the changed group picker? I appreciate for your feedback.

Swapping to a group picker would be the easiest solution - although I'd add the group picker and get it working the way you need before migrating and removing the old field.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,141 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot