Can I report on transition count?

Ryan Grimard February 8, 2012

I would like to see a trend of how many issues went through a specific transition over time. Preferably at day granularity. Is this available through standard JIRA reporting or a plugin?

1 answer

1 vote
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2012

You can get something similar by looking at the transitions from the "Workflow Transitions Report" from Jamies plugin https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/JVIZ/JIRA+Workflow+Visualization+Plugin

Still like this visualization a lot more than waht the JIRA workflow designer provides ...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2012

mmm, that's just the workflow, it's not counting the number of times a transition has been used.

I've got a report somewhere that lets you say "show me a count of the transitions for filter X" (from memory, it demands a date based reporting - i.e. transitions only count if they were done between start and end date), I'll see if I can find it.

Ryan Grimard February 8, 2012

Thanks Nic!

Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2012

Nic, the number in parentheses is is the number the transition has been executed in the last n days.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 8, 2012

Yes, Dieter is right. But it only allows you to filter on transitions N days before now, I guessed Ryan wanted more control than that. Thanks for the plug though Dieter ;-)

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 8, 2012

As well as the number in parens, the thickness of the line gives you a visual cue. If you've got good eyes.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2012

Ahh, ok, I'd glanced and assumed it was the transition IDs. The report I've got somewhere is a simple bar chart (version 4.0 if memory serves), but the filter is a bit more flexible. The logic was something like "we want to see what happened last week", "oh, and 2 weeks ago", "oh and between christmas and new year"... etc

Sadly, it's on an old disk, need to whack it in an enclosure or fire up one a linux live cd...

Ryan Grimard February 9, 2012

Looking forward to your answer Nic.

Suggest an answer