Can I report based on user properties?

Alan October 16, 2012

We are exploring selective reporting based on custom user properties. How is that possible? Can it be done with the Jira query language?

This is also related to using Tempo plugin, to do Timesheet reporint based on specific user properties

2 answers

0 votes
Alan October 18, 2012

Thanks for the feedback Simon. But I do have a question that follows on from the answer; what is the point of custom user properties? I can envisage scenarios, (we have one), where custom properties could fulfil a particular requirement. But, if they are not usable in any way, then on the face of it, they would seem pointless. Or, is it possible to enhance JQL to be able to query on user properties?

Thanks

SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2012

I believe user properties are just there to let you add extra bits of information when you view a user in the admin menu, such as phone number, title, etc. You can't really query or use it in a meaningful way outside of the admin screen.

0 votes
SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2012

User properties are not available to query using default JIRA JQL. I'm not sure if you can access Tempo data via JQL.

Suggest an answer