Can I remove the tag on a cloned user story?

Reshmi Haridas June 14, 2022

Can I remove the tag on a cloned user story or does it inherit that property from the original user story? 

If there is a way, please advise how. 

Context: 

User story 1 was assigned to previous sprint

User story 2 which is for current sprint was cloned from User story 1. 

The tagging on user story 2 is showing both previous sprint and the current sprint. Is there any way to remove the "previous sprint" tagging from user story 2?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Ortiz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2022
Reshmi Haridas June 15, 2022

Shall review the links; yes - but on a cloned user story.  

1 vote
Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2022

@Reshmi Haridas , welcome to the Atlassian Community!

To do this, just do the following:

Go to "Project Settings";
Then search and select "Screens";
On the "Edit" screen, add the "Sprint" field.

Go back to the cloned story, in your case to story 2 and click on the "Sprint" field. You can edit the field information, removing the indication that this Story was in the previous sprint.

Reshmi Haridas June 14, 2022

Thank you very much, Fernando.  When I go to the Edit screen, I find the 'sprint' field Locked. 

Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2022

@Reshmi Haridas 

Uh, it's true!

We cannot remove the sprint option that custom field after sprint has been completed.

If you are making a clone using the "Clone" option within the issue, you must leave the "Copy sprint" option unchecked.

Screenshot_30.png

Then the cloned issue will be moved to your new backlog with the sprint field empty.

Like Reshmi Haridas likes this
Reshmi Haridas June 15, 2022

Thank you very much, @Fernando Eugênio da Silva Shall keep that in mind, going forward. 

Suggest an answer