Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Can I remove the tag on a cloned user story?

Can I remove the tag on a cloned user story or does it inherit that property from the original user story? 

If there is a way, please advise how. 

Context: 

User story 1 was assigned to previous sprint

User story 2 which is for current sprint was cloned from User story 1. 

The tagging on user story 2 is showing both previous sprint and the current sprint. Is there any way to remove the "previous sprint" tagging from user story 2?

2 answers

1 accepted

Shall review the links; yes - but on a cloned user story.  

@Reshmi Haridas , welcome to the Atlassian Community!

To do this, just do the following:

Go to "Project Settings";
Then search and select "Screens";
On the "Edit" screen, add the "Sprint" field.

Go back to the cloned story, in your case to story 2 and click on the "Sprint" field. You can edit the field information, removing the indication that this Story was in the previous sprint.

Thank you very much, Fernando.  When I go to the Edit screen, I find the 'sprint' field Locked. 

@Reshmi Haridas 

Uh, it's true!

We cannot remove the sprint option that custom field after sprint has been completed.

If you are making a clone using the "Clone" option within the issue, you must leave the "Copy sprint" option unchecked.

Screenshot_30.png

Then the cloned issue will be moved to your new backlog with the sprint field empty.

Like Reshmi Haridas likes this

Thank you very much, @Fernando Eugênio da Silva Shall keep that in mind, going forward. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you