Can I remove the support user in our hosted system that is counting toward our user limit?

Amber Stepper July 24, 2012

I have recently taken over as internal Admin of our host JIRA and we are near the end of our allowed 25 user mark and cannot upgrade at this time.

There is a admin user by the name of enterprise-hosted-support that I am unable to delete (and I do have full Admin privledges as far as I am aware). Are we required to keep this login even though it counts toward our user limit? If not, how do I get it removed?

Thanks

2 answers

2 votes
Bastiaan Jansen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2012

The "enterprise-hosted-support" account is used by the Atlassian hosted support team in order to provide support for you on your instance.
Please do not delete or edit this account (keep the group membership)

The hosted environment has been setup with a xx +1 user license, in your case it's 25 +1 (for the hosted admin account) this means that the account should not count against your 25 users license.

Did you check your current user count and do you see that this account is actually counted against your 25 users? If so please raise a support case so our support team can take a closer look.

0 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2012

Hi Sierra,

You can't remove the enterprise-hosted-support user in your Enterprise Hosted instance because that is the user that Atlassian engineers use to login to your system and perform administration and troubleshooting in the event that you have any problems. Doing so is contrary to the EULA you signed when created the instance and will ony cause frustration for the engineers and delays in our response times as we hack the database to add the user again, which I can assure you is not something you want us wasting our time doing if your instance is having problems!

However, we are aware that adding an extra user counts against your license and therefore a 25 user Enterprise Hosted license actually allows for 26 users to compensate, just as a 100 user license actually allows 101 users, so it's not strictly counting against the licenses that you have purchased. Therefore, for the reasons outlined above, please don't delete the enterprise-hosted-support user.

All the best,
John

Suggest an answer