Can I remove statuses or items from the 'more' column in JIRA search?

Brandon Pamplin July 30, 2013

I have some users who are restricted to only be able to interact with a single project in JIRA. I'd like it so that when they create filters, they only see the workflow statuses and such that they have access to within that project in the dropdowns. Is this possible?

As it stands, if the user goes to create a filter, they see all 100 statuses that exist globally in JIRA, even though 95 of them aren't used in the project that they have access to. Similarly, I'd like to limit the fields that they can search through by clicking the 'More' button. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2013

even though 95 of them aren't used in the project that they have access to

This should not happen if you set the issue type scheme up properly.

Similarly, I'd like to limit the fields that they can search through by clicking the 'More' button

The general answer would be this function does not exist.

Brandon Pamplin August 15, 2013

Thanks for the answer, but I'm not sure that I understand how the issue type scheme would affect workflow statuses. For the sake of testing (and to help me follow what you might be saying), I set up a fake project with a single issue type associated with it via an issue type scheme. That issue type is associated with a single workflow (a copy of the jira default) using a workflow scheme. As such, I think there's a single workflow associated with that project and that workflow only has 5 statuses in it (Open, In Progress, Reopened, Resolved, and Closed) + Create Issue.

If a user who only has access to that project goes to search and clicks the status dropdown, they will still see every status that is associated with any project in JIRA. For example, another project on the system has a status called "On-Hold". It shows up in the list for the user who does not have access to a project that uses a workflow with that status or any issue type that would be associated with that status anywhere on the system.

I feel like the answer to this question is actually the same as the answer to the question about the "More" button, but I just wanted to provide additional clarification to see if you agree.

Here's a picture of what I'm referring to:

JIRA Image

Here's a picture of what I'm referring to:

JIRA

Suggest an answer