Can I redirect all JIRA notifcations to one email address?

Manju Nambiar December 11, 2012

I have a TEST instance for JIRA and need to do extensive testing to complete a request from users. However, I do not want users to receive notification from this instance.

Is there any way all email generated can be redirected to a dummy email address? I know I can disable notification by deleting mail server details or by deleting notification scheme associations from projects, but I still want to see the notifications generated.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Manju

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2013

Or use an SMTP mail sink - e.g. - http://smtp-mailsink.script.soft32download.com/

Configure it in the Test instance.

1 vote
John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2012

Hi Manju,

There is a way I can think is manually update all user email address to only one email address since is for stage/test environment purpose. You may try to run the SQL statement below to update all user email address in database:

update cwd_user set email_address='<email_address>', lower_email_address='<email_address>';

Please give a try and let us know how it goes.

Best Regards,
John Chin

Manju Nambiar January 22, 2013

Hi John,

Does JIRA application need to be down for this update to be done in the database?

Thanks,

Manju

John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2013

Hi Manju,

If you're using mySQL or MSSQL, I don't think you need to shut down the server. For others database is recommended to restart your JIRA instance.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2013

By the way, that is a very specific piece of advice about the database. If you are touching any part of Jira that may be cached, counted or active, then you will break your Jira by amending the database while it's running.

I don't believe the user's email addresses are cached, so this should be safe. BUT, almost everything else is NOT safe to edit while Jira is running.

Suggest an answer