Can I redirect all JIRA notifcations to one email address?

I have a TEST instance for JIRA and need to do extensive testing to complete a request from users. However, I do not want users to receive notification from this instance.

Is there any way all email generated can be redirected to a dummy email address? I know I can disable notification by deleting mail server details or by deleting notification scheme associations from projects, but I still want to see the notifications generated.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Manju

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Or use an SMTP mail sink - e.g. - http://smtp-mailsink.script.soft32download.com/

Configure it in the Test instance.

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Manju,

There is a way I can think is manually update all user email address to only one email address since is for stage/test environment purpose. You may try to run the SQL statement below to update all user email address in database:

update cwd_user set email_address='<email_address>', lower_email_address='<email_address>';

Please give a try and let us know how it goes.

Best Regards,
John Chin

Hi John,

Does JIRA application need to be down for this update to be done in the database?

Thanks,

Manju

Hi Manju,

If you're using mySQL or MSSQL, I don't think you need to shut down the server. For others database is recommended to restart your JIRA instance.

By the way, that is a very specific piece of advice about the database. If you are touching any part of Jira that may be cached, counted or active, then you will break your Jira by amending the database while it's running.

I don't believe the user's email addresses are cached, so this should be safe. BUT, almost everything else is NOT safe to edit while Jira is running.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

140 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you