Can I (re)define the email address for Jira user account setup by LDAP based user directory

Brent Webster
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2014

My Jira user accounts are defined/setup via several Jira user directories using Active Directory/LDAP queries. I have discovered via a company policy, that the email address of contractors will not be included in LDAP. My first response was HMMMMMMM.

I'm assuming I'll need to make a direct database (MySQL) change but
- what table(s) to update?
- will the changes get overwritten the next time Jira syncs up the user directory?

Suggestions, comments?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2014

Hi there, the email information is stored into the table cwd_user in the columns email_address and lower_email_address, but the problem is that if you update this information directly on the database, your modifications will be overwritten upon the next synchronization with the LDAP server.

We currently have an improvement request open here to this situation: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-35997

You may want to vote on it and add yourself as watcher to reveice updates.

Cheers

Suggest an answer