Can I "promote" actions from the "More Actions" drop-down?

aware74 February 28, 2013

My users would like the "Attach Files" and "Link" actions to always be immediately visible on the Issue Details screen.

Is there a way to do that, even if it requires changing a configuration file within the JIRA installation, and we have to reapply that change with each release?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2013

You can change the weight attribute in /atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/system-issueoperations-plugin.xml file. Change it on the web-section and/or web-item modules.

0 votes
Nicolas Esteves April 4, 2017

I have got the same problem with the "Create linked issue" but I cannot find it in the file neither in the classes directory. Have you got an idea where I can find it ? And move it like other issue actions ?

0 votes
Gaurav Mishra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2013

I had the similar requirement and Atlassian helped me with this. You can find details here

Suggest an answer