Can I query JIRA/Stash via the command line for a list of changed files belonging to a task?

Greg Warner July 25, 2013
One of my project teams is currently evaluating Stash and JIRA and have asked me a couple of questions that I don't have the answer to.
Are any command line tools available that will let them do the following:
1. Query a Jira task to get a list of files changed against the task (with their version/hash).
2. Get a copy of a particular file from stash (it will be from the list create above).
Any assistance to answer these would be awesome.
thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2013

1. Query a Jira task to get a list of files changed against the task (with their version/hash).

You can use cURL to access Stash's REST api to retrieve the commits that are linked to the JIRA issue. The endpoint you need is /rest/jira/latest/issues/{issueKey}/commits (documentation is here). Each of the returned commits includes a summary of the changes (files added/modified/deleted).

2. Get a copy of a particular file from stash (it will be from the list create above).

From the results of the query described above you can piece together the URL to download a particular version of the file:

http://stash.yourdomain.com/projects/<PROJECTKEY>/repos/<REPOSLUG>/browse/<path/of/affected/file>?at=<commit-hash-of-file>&raw

Note the &raw at the end. This is needed to get the raw contents instead of the HTML marked up version of the file.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2013

For item 1, I don't know what query means exactly but if you integrate JIRA with Stash, you can view the changelist in the issue itself (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/JIRA+integration).

And with that, you should be able to go from JIRA to Stash to get the file.

Suggest an answer