Can I put a condition on assigning an issue in JIRA?

Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2015

Hi all!

Is there a way to put a condition on assigning an issue in JIRA?  Specifically:

1. Is it possible to not allow ticket's being assigned until the status has been changed to a specific status? 
  2. Is it possible to not allow ticket's being assigned until the type is no longer 'open'?

Thanks in advance,

Robert

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
João Palharini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 29, 2015

Hi Robert!

There's also the workflow properties, that are defined in a per-status basis. You can add the following to any status you want:

Property Key: jira.permission.assign.denied
Property Value: <leave blank>

information In order to edit these properties, go to the workflow's "Edit" page, then (on the Text view), click "View Properties" on the right of any status.

--
Cheers!

Joao

1 vote
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 29, 2015

Hi Robert,

Yes, you can do that with a workflow condition. For more details, take a look at the documentation on https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+workflow+configuration#Advancedworkflowconfiguration-conditions

wink

-- Pedro

Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2015

Yes I am reading the docs and have set up workflow conditions. But workflows are for the transition, and not blocking assigned users. I would add a value condition that does not allow the transition if assignee is set but that still does not block the user setting the assignee. I could also not show the assignee field in the create issue screen, but that really does not "block" an issue from someone going in and assigning it.

Ergun Seray April 29, 2015

You may remove the assign button from issue operations plugin and only allow users to assign issues using a workflow transition. you can add various contiditons for your transition. to remove assign button you can check https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/44943/can-i-remove-the-assign-and-assign-to-me-options-from-tickets-in-specific-statuses or go to add-ons manage add-ons select system plugins search for Issue Operations Plugin disable the module "View Issue Ops Bar Assign Link(assign-issue)" Murat

Suggest an answer