Can I post crucible time tracking to JIRA version 4.4?

Deleted user January 15, 2013

We have just upgraded crucible to version 2.9 and am struggling to see how to enable the posting of time spent to our linked JIRA application. We have JIRA v 4.4 and I am wondering if this feature is only available from JIRA v5 onwards. Is this even possible with v4.4?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2013

Hi Andrew,

Yes, it should be possible to log time from within Crucible into a JIRA issue:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CRUCIBLE/Using+Time+Tracking#UsingTimeTracking-JIRAintegration

Please make sure that the option "Allow Time Tracking submission from reviews" is marked, by going to Crucible Administration > Global Settings > Application Links > JIRA settings.

Please let us know how it goes.

rstephens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2013

Hi Andrew,

The option to enable/disable time tracking at the Crucible level was removed as part of Crucible 2.9. Now Crucible tickets if time can be submitted to JIRA and if so, enables the feature automatically.

If you are not seeing the option to submit time then please check

1. That time tracking is enabled in JIRA

2. The application link is configured as trusted apps or OAuth and the user whoi is trying to log time is authenticated

3. You have a JIRA issue linked to the review.

4. The user has permission to log time in JIRA on that project.

0 votes
Deleted user March 4, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to answer but we have no "Allow Time Tracking submission from reviews" option in the Crucible Administration > Global Settings > Application Links > JIRA settings. area.

I Guess I will stop my search for an answer on this as all online resources are drawing a blank.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events