Can I post comment as an admin on behalf of a user ?

Eva Fernandez June 1, 2017

Hello,

Can field "Generate application on behalf of" be included in jira?
Many clients contact us via telephone, and agents prefer to open the issues on behalf of the client from JIRA and not from the PORTAL.

But in doing so from JIRA, the trace with the PORTAL does not exist and therefore does not reach the customer.

Thanks!!

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2017

There should be a field for the customer/reporter to fill in when an Agent raises the request on the back of a call.  Maybe not on the screen they get though? 

Hello Nic!

I want to include the field you see in the image:

image.png

In the screen of creation of the same project that has as support an associated service desk:

image.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2017

The Agents are sort of expected to use the portal when taking phone calls, but you should have a "reporter" field on the issue creation in plain JIRA as well.

But if I fill in the reporter field, and then do not link to a JSD request, the client (reporter) does not get notification of the creation of the issue, nor can it view the issue.

I am interested in an issue open from JIRA, the "Service Desk Request" field can be filled up for the client to receive creation notifications.

image.png

Many thanks for all your answers!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 1, 2017

So are your agents raising requests on behalf of customers, or just issues? 

I want the agents to create issues on behalf of the clients. And that the creation be in JIRA and not in JIRA SERVICE DESK. If you do not do it in JIRA SERVICEDESK there is no trace with the portal (even if the project corresponds to a service desk), and as there is no trace with the portal, the client does not receive creation notifications. For this reason I was wondering if there is any way to include these fields of JIRA SERVICEDESK in the creation screens of issues in JIRA.

Thanksss!!! =)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2017

Ah, I see.  No, there's no way to do this, because the fields you need are *request* fields, and you are not raising requests this way.

Requests are the interface between JIRA issues and the customers - you need to raise requests if you want to include the customers.

Eva Fernandez June 2, 2017

Thank very much!!! 

I imagined it. But she needed to be sure it was not possible.

Greetings  from spain!

Suggest an answer