Can I populate a select list or user picker field with a user group using a workflow property?

Jason Huntowski June 11, 2015

I would like to populate either a single select list or user picker field with ONLY the members of a specified group which would be pulled from the project roles section of a project. Is this possible using a workflow property, or is a script necessary?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2015

You could try it with a lot of code.

Or just set the context for a user picker field and use the built in "only show people from group/role(s)" function (it's a more recent function, so you need to be on quite a recent JIRA to have it)

werner kolze June 18, 2015

we are on Jira 6.3.15 - but I cannot find this function, would you be so kind and explain how to find this new function?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2015

Custom fields -> the field -> configure will take you to the context list. Find the context you're interested in (there's often only a single one), and it's in there

Suggest an answer