Can I pass ownership of my dashboard to another user (cloud)

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2017

So I found a few similar questions in the Community but they didn't seem to solve my issue. I seem to recall from my server days I could do this but I cannot find anyway to do this in the cloud.

If not then the workaround is simply to have the new owner copy the dashboard and then I can kill mine but would like to know if there is a method to transfer ownership.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2017

Hi Jack,

Yes, you can:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/managing-shared-dashboards-818578902.html

Look for the section "Change the ownership of a shared dashboard".

Regards

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2017

geez...how did i miss that. i knew i had seen it before. i even looked in the documentation. ugh...

THANKS!!

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2017

YW! Yeah, it is difficult to find. As changing ownership is something you hardly ever do, I usually have to look for it in the docs everytime I need to do it.

Maybe Atlassian could change its location to the same place where you can Copy a dashboard.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 10, 2017

it sure would fit nicely under "Manage Dashboards". Allowing admins to do any users dashboard and owners to transfer their own. That said the chances of getting that implemented are likely very slim.

Suggest an answer