Can I pass an Issue card from a Kanban board to another Kanban board?

Luis Pablo Morales Cruz January 3, 2018

I want to know if it is possible to send, visualize or/and modificate an Issue card in more than one Kanban board, these kanban boards belongs to a different projects and sprints! At the beginning I thought that this task could be done with epics but I do not understand at 100% the functionality of the epics!

If your answer is yes, please help me, I want to know how...and if your answer is no, please let me know! :D

Happy new year BTW! :D

1 answer

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2018

No, there's no "pass".  Boards do not contain issues, boards are a VIEW of issues.

If you want a card to appear on a board, you need to make it match the filter for that board.  If you want it to stop appearing on a board, then change it so that it no longer matches the filter.

Imagine a very simple case:

• Board 1 :  Project = X
  • Board 2 :  Project = Y
  • Board 3 :  Project in (X, Y)

You have an issue that appears in board 1 and 3 because it is in project X.  Move it to project Y, and it will drop off board 1, appear on board 2, and remain on board 3.

Thank you!!! :D another thing is, When I visualize this Issue, is it possible to modify it from both kanban boards?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2018

The boards are a view of underlying issues. 

A change made via a single board affects the issue, so the change will be seen on other places that are showing the same issue.

Ok!!! Thank you! :D can you provide me a link for how can I do the filters?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 3, 2018

Suggest an answer