Can I overload a field name or edit the field list options for certain Projects?

I would like to edit the options in the "Priority" list for just a given project, while the rest of the Projects continue to use the default list values. If this cannot be done, is it possible to create a custom field with the same label "Priority".

Thanks

1 answer

It is not possible to have different priorities for different projects (although it is highly requested: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-3821_). You can definitely create a custom field for your project and give it different values for "priority", but I'd suggest calling it something at least slightly different than "Priority" (even just don't capitalize the first letter) so that you can tell the difference between the system default field and the custom field when you're doing your configuration.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

27,016 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you