Can I notify a group every time an issue is created?

Melissa Reeder June 18, 2014

Is there a way to notify a group of people each time an issue is created? And closed?

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2014

Each change of status fires an event. The project "notification scheme" says "when event X happens, send mail to Y". And Y can be a group if you want.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2014

Ahh, of course. Sometimes I miss the wood for the trees.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2014

We all do that :-) I see it as a form of empathy - you're trying to think through what people might want, and answer that instead of the baseline question...

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2014

You could write a filter on issues that were created within the last 15 minutes

created <-15m

and then use a group subscription on that filter that will send every 15 minutes a mail to your group of people (but they must be in a group)

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 18, 2014

and the filter for closed would be

status changed to closed after -15m

Suggest an answer