Can I move my JIRA installation and home directories?

Arthur Frohlich October 9, 2013

I've installed JIRA in a directory, .../confluence/jira-6.0.5/. This directory holds jira/ and jira-home/. Is there a way to move the jira/ and jira-home/ directories into the confluence/ directory?

4 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2013

I wouldn't do this. You should have separate directories for confluence and jira, otherwise you could end up with clashing names. By all means do something like .../atlassian/confluence and .../atlassian/jira, but do not just do .../confluence (and point both Jira and Confluence to use that as their home)

Once you've worked out a sensible tree structure, then Rambanam's link will tell you how to relocate everything safely

1 vote
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2013
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2013

Yes, and that's easier, because it doesn't really care where they are. As long as you preserve the structure and file ownership/rights, you should be able to simply move the whole lot.

(Ooops, I forgot, "and don't put the application in the home directory")

0 votes
Arthur Frohlich October 9, 2013

Thanks for the replies. rambanam's link only says how to move the home directory files. Can I move the install directory?

Suggest an answer