It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can I move my JIRA installation and home directories?

Arthur Frohlich Oct 09, 2013

I've installed JIRA in a directory, .../confluence/jira-6.0.5/. This directory holds jira/ and jira-home/. Is there a way to move the jira/ and jira-home/ directories into the confluence/ directory?

4 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Community Leader Oct 09, 2013

I wouldn't do this. You should have separate directories for confluence and jira, otherwise you could end up with clashing names. By all means do something like .../atlassian/confluence and .../atlassian/jira, but do not just do .../confluence (and point both Jira and Confluence to use that as their home)

Once you've worked out a sensible tree structure, then Rambanam's link will tell you how to relocate everything safely

0 votes
Arthur Frohlich Oct 09, 2013

Thanks for the replies. rambanam's link only says how to move the home directory files. Can I move the install directory?

0 votes
Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Community Leader Oct 09, 2013

Yes, and that's easier, because it doesn't really care where they are. As long as you preserve the structure and file ownership/rights, you should be able to simply move the whole lot.

(Ooops, I forgot, "and don't put the application in the home directory")

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Try Jira Cloud for Outlook: Organize your work without leaving your inbox

Hi Atlassian community, My name is Max and I work on the product integration team at Atlassian. I am pleased to announce the early access program for the Jira Cloud add-in for Outlook. This add-in...

1,265 views 2 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you