Can I migrate one project from Installed to OnDemand, with attachments?

cbourner May 22, 2014

What's the process I need to follow?

6 answers

1 vote
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2014

See Importing data from CSV

You can by putting the files on a remote available location and linking the issues and the files on the CSV you import.

Cheers

cbourner May 26, 2014

So are you saying that I can edit the CSV I export, and alter the path to the attachment references?

What contitutes a "remote available location"? Something like SkyDrive?

Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 26, 2014

Yes, see the Importing Attachments section in Importing Data from CSV

A 'remote available location' is any file location available online and can be HTTP or HTTPS. If the file can be downloaded by just pasting the URL in an incognito window, then you are good. :)

Cheers!

cbourner May 27, 2014

How do I export the project to CSV? If I export all issues, I get a CSV, but it does not have an references to attachments in it. I suspect I am not exporting it in the right way.

Cheers,

Craig Bourner

Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
May 27, 2014

Yes, that is the idea :) Replace the filename with the remote location URL and it should import it from there.

Cheers,

Mauro

0 votes
cbourner June 15, 2014

Nope, I can only convert MY questions into answers, which they are not!

I will do this anyway to close it off, thanking you again for your assistance.

0 votes
cbourner June 15, 2014

Issue is resolved.

0 votes
cbourner June 15, 2014

How do I mark this as resolved?

I am getting e-mails telling me to do this, but other than "Answer Your Own Questions" which is broken, I can't see a way of doing this.

Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
June 15, 2014

Hi Craig, you probably get the option when hoovering the mouse over my first answer. Only you can select it as Answered so the option should appear around the answer.

Cheers!
Mauro

0 votes
cbourner June 7, 2014

All sorted, thanks.

0 votes
cbourner May 27, 2014

Ok worked out that a "backup" can be used to import a single project.

Looking at the XML, I see an attachment as:

<FileAttachment id="10050" issue="10160" mimetype="application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet" filename="CRM_Access_Design.xlsx" created="2011-02-22 16:24:11.773" filesize="12543" author="tony" thumbnailable="0"/>

I also have a file under:

C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\data\attachments\DE\DE-5 called 10050_CRM_Access_Design.xlsx

If I upload these attachments into a SkyDrive folder, can I just replace the filename attribute value with a URL to the file?

If not, what do I need to do?

Suggest an answer