Can I migrate one project from Installed to OnDemand, with attachments?

What's the process I need to follow?

6 answers

See Importing data from CSV

You can by putting the files on a remote available location and linking the issues and the files on the CSV you import.

Cheers

So are you saying that I can edit the CSV I export, and alter the path to the attachment references?

What contitutes a "remote available location"? Something like SkyDrive?

Yes, see the Importing Attachments section in Importing Data from CSV

A 'remote available location' is any file location available online and can be HTTP or HTTPS. If the file can be downloaded by just pasting the URL in an incognito window, then you are good. :)

Cheers!

How do I export the project to CSV? If I export all issues, I get a CSV, but it does not have an references to attachments in it. I suspect I am not exporting it in the right way.

Cheers,

Craig Bourner

Yes, that is the idea :) Replace the filename with the remote location URL and it should import it from there.

Cheers,

Mauro

Ok worked out that a "backup" can be used to import a single project.

Looking at the XML, I see an attachment as:

<FileAttachment id="10050" issue="10160" mimetype="application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet" filename="CRM_Access_Design.xlsx" created="2011-02-22 16:24:11.773" filesize="12543" author="tony" thumbnailable="0"/>

I also have a file under:

C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\data\attachments\DE\DE-5 called 10050_CRM_Access_Design.xlsx

If I upload these attachments into a SkyDrive folder, can I just replace the filename attribute value with a URL to the file?

If not, what do I need to do?

All sorted, thanks.

How do I mark this as resolved?

I am getting e-mails telling me to do this, but other than "Answer Your Own Questions" which is broken, I can't see a way of doing this.

Hi Craig, you probably get the option when hoovering the mouse over my first answer. Only you can select it as Answered so the option should appear around the answer.

Cheers!
Mauro

Issue is resolved.

Nope, I can only convert MY questions into answers, which they are not!

I will do this anyway to close it off, thanking you again for your assistance.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,806 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot