Can I merge tasks?

Svitlana Rekhalska April 23, 2024

Can I merge tasks?

Not by using Link issue or Sub-task, but by merging several into one.

3 answers

3 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2024

hmm.. Not a feature in Jira but if it helps, you could design an automation to append the summary , description etc to another ticket's summary, description etc and delete the current ticket. Is that what you expect from the merge operation?

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rohan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2024

Hey Svitlana

As per the current design, it is not natively possible from Jira

As a workaround, you can try third-party ad-ons such as Issue Merger PRO for Jira and Merge Agent for Jira which help merge multiple issues in Jira.

With that said, there is a feature request in progress to have the ability to merge and split issues. This feature can be tracked here:

JRACLOUD-10015 - Merge and split issues

0 votes
Answer accepted
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2024

Merging issues is not a default feature. I'm also wondering how it should work: have the 2 descriptions underneath each other, what with select lists, assignee, creation date, ....

I would to it manually. But if it is something you need on a regular basis you can check out these plugins: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=cloud&product=jira&query=issue%20merge

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events