Can I map custom fields when moving an issue to a different project?

Esther Strom, ACP-JA September 19, 2013

In Project A, I have a field called QB ID. In Project B, there's a field called External ID. Is there any way to map the fields so that when a user moves an issue from one project to another, any value that was in QB ID will automatically transfer to External ID? I'm an administrator, so I do have access to the workflow, if this is something that can be set up there.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2013

Not in the UI. Simply put, the fields are separate, Jira has no way of knowing that you might want to do this, or have any code to support it.

Of course, you can deal with it with a bit of code. If you find/write a "listener", you can write code to say "on MOVE event, read QB off the issue and add it to External". I'd recommend a look at the script runner plugin to do this.

Esther Strom, ACP-JA September 19, 2013

Thanks, that's what I was afraid of. I'll look into script runner, but my company is pretty new to Jira. What kind of language does script runner use? Where can I find examples of the kind of listener I'd need?

Suggest an answer