Can I link a Column to a board?

Nadya Nickels February 2, 2021

I need the option for a Project board to have phases(Columns) that represent a discipline( separate board).

Basically, when a task transitions from can ISD column to the Art column. It then automatically populates on a separate board, made specifically for artist in their ready for work column.

I've attached an image of what I'd like to set our workflow as.

ASANA DIAGRAM-BOARDS-2.png

1 answer

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2021

Directly, no, you do not "link a column to a board".

Assuming you are using a classic project for this though, you can create multiple boards to get roughl what I think you're trying to do.

Create one master board with five columns - one for each column in your flow, with each set of status from your main column in it.  Then a fifth one for the eventual "done".  Then create a new board for each of the four columns, mapping only their column status in there.

Nadya Nickels February 4, 2021

I'm using Next Gen boards, I'm still confused on how I get the tasks to automatically show up on the separate discipline boards. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2021

Ah, then no, you can not do this, Next-gen boards are not clever enough to support this sort of thing yet.

Nadya Nickels February 4, 2021

I'm going to try and rebuild it now with the classic boards.

Nadya Nickels February 9, 2021

How do I map only their column status in the four additional boards? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2021

Go into each of the boards, and look for "board settings" in the tools menu (... top right).  Select the columns tab and you should see all the current columns with status mapped into them and a grey "unmapped" column to the right.  Drag the status you don't want on the board into the unmapped column.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events