Can I link Service Desk Incident to Software bug

Peter Harris December 1, 2016

Hoped for scenario:

• JIRA Service Desk managing customer reported incidents,  Licensed to L1 Support Agent and L2 Support Developer
  • JIRA Software managing Software development projects and bug tracking, licensed to L2 Support Developer and Development team

If I have a L1 Service Desk agent managing a reported customer incident, and that incident is identified as a bug, it would be assigned to an L2 Support Developer. L2 Developer would then generate a Bug in JIRA Software.

Questions:

• Can the Service Desk incident be linked to the Software bug for two way navigation and reporting.
  • Can that flow be managed by some custom Workflow, so can the workflow be customised to cross over between the two products? 
  • Can the Service Desk reporting capability report on these attached bugs?

Thanks in advance

Peter

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2016

Peter, to an extent yes. Natively you can use automation to have the JSD ticket automatically close when the bug closes and add a "canned" comment. You cannot however have comment made in one of the issues mirror to the other. You can certainly use the same workflow for the two if desired but that may not be necessary/desired depending on specifically what you wish to do. As far as having JSD report on the status of the bug, again some of this can be accomplished via the Automation function. I would start there and see if you can achieve a solution that meets your need. If not I would recommend Script Runner plugin as an option.

0 votes
Peter Harris December 2, 2016

Many thanks Jack, knowing that something is possible is a big help, and we will be looking to get Script Runner as part of our purchase. 

Now I just have the fun part of figuring out the how laugh

Suggest an answer