Can I limit the selection of a drop down list to one of each item per user?

Deleted user June 19, 2015

Each department prioritizes their Top 10 issues each week.  We use a custom field with a 1-10 drop down list.  I would like to limit each user to one of each selections at a time, so someone doesn't put in ten #1 priority issues.  Is this possible?

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user June 19, 2015

Each department (represented by 1 user each) selects their top 10 items for the upcoming week.  Right now, I have no way to keep them from choosing ten #1 priority items.  I want to limit each user to only be able to select 1 of each value on the dropdown list.

Here is What I get now from one user:

4 - #1 priority items

2 - #2 priority items

3 - #3 priority items

1 - #4 priority items

Here is what I want to get:

1- #1 priority item

1 - #2 priority item

1 - #3 priority item

1 - #4 priority item

1 - #5 priority item

1 - #6 priority item

1 - #7 priority item

1 - #8 priority item

1 - #9 priority item

1 - #10 priority item

Can I limit each user to only using one item off of the list at a time?

Marc Jason Mutuc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2015

I would work on it via workflow conditions. And perhaps several fields. Otherwise, you should try using calculated fields from the JIRA Miscellaneous Custom Field (I think) add on.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2015

The question is confusing. Are you asking to limit each user to select 1 option from a multi-select field or have a different list for each department?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events