Can I limit cloning to only subtasks?

Edward Sawyer June 10, 2015

I am looking for a way to only clone subtask tickets and assign them to a specific parent ticket or to clone a subtask of a parent ticket and automatically associate the cloned subtask to that parent ticket.

2 answers

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2015

You can disable the global clone action - see How to enable and disable actions. That give you the restriction. Then you can use Clone Plus for JIRA and a customized clone operation that is restricted to cloning subtasks. See Customization Information for details on various customization options.

0 votes
Arthur Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2015

Hey Edward,

You can use a 3rd party add-on like this one. smile

-- Arthur Gonçalves

Edward Sawyer June 10, 2015

Hey Arthur, I've looked into this plugin previously but I'm not sure that it would really fit our needs. I'm not seeing where I can disable parent ticket cloning but still be able to clone a subtask ticket while within the parent ticket, either by clicking on the "More" button (inside the subtask ticket view) or the "gear icon" to clone the subtask (from the parent ticket view).

Suggest an answer