Can I limit access to OnDemand Jira to certain ips?

jibanez May 21, 2012

I would like to limit the access of my Jira OnDemand to certain ips.

I don't see the option on the Administrator menu and only see a way that need to rewrite the url or use the firewall on the apache server.

Please let me know the steps to appli this limit on my OnDemand Jira.

Thanks,

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2012

You can't. Jira doesn't support this in any way. As you've already said, you have to do it in Apache or Firewall. I suspect you can write custom code around the user handling in Jira (or rather, Crowd) too, but it wouldn't be pretty.

For OnDemand, I don't know if Atlassian would support this request and modify their Apache/Firewall - you could raise the support call with them to ask. I really don't think they'll let you apply patches to the core of Jira/Crowd to do it though.

(There's also a strong point for not bothering with security by IP because it's a doddle to spoof IP addresses and hence waltz straight through your supposed security, but that's not a discussion for here)

Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2012

That's right, we don't support this.

Suggest an answer