Can I jump from ticket to ticket?

Martin Mussel June 2, 2022

When roaming through my  project queue I often lose track which tickets I've recently worked on.

I have used other software before, where it was possible to just jump to the next ticket in my queue. I don't want to leave the ticket and have to choose the next one out of the project queue.

I have tried shortcuts, but it only works in the project view.

Any suggestions ver much appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2022

Hi @Martin Mussel and welcome to the community!

You can user Jira's shortcuts to do many things:

shortcuts.png

Moving to the next/previous issue on a project while viewing only the issue list, is a piece of cake (use j or k). However I don't think that it's feasible to move to a previously working issue, unless this issue was on a list you currently view.

Let me know if that helps.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Thx for your hint!

While viewing the list j + k shortcuts work fine to move the bar up and down.

I would love to skip going back to that list and just proceed with the next issue.

When you have a bunch of issues it would be so helpful to just head over to the next issue in the list, without leaving the issue.

Martin

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2022

I know what you mean, but Jira wouldn't know which is your next issue :)

I see ..maybe I could sort the issues by last updated, to avoid jumping into the same ticket again by accident. It's just I have 50+ issues in my project queue and when I receive calls it's not so easy to get into my workflow again.

I guess you didn't hear of any plugins to help with that?

Thanks a lot for your support!

Martin

Suggest an answer