Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Can I jump from ticket to ticket?

When roaming through my  project queue I often lose track which tickets I've recently worked on.

I have used other software before, where it was possible to just jump to the next ticket in my queue. I don't want to leave the ticket and have to choose the next one out of the project queue.

I have tried shortcuts, but it only works in the project view.

Any suggestions ver much appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras Community Leader Jun 02, 2022

Hi @Martin Mussel and welcome to the community!

You can user Jira's shortcuts to do many things:

shortcuts.png

Moving to the next/previous issue on a project while viewing only the issue list, is a piece of cake (use j or k). However I don't think that it's feasible to move to a previously working issue, unless this issue was on a list you currently view.

Let me know if that helps.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Thx for your hint!

While viewing the list j + k shortcuts work fine to move the bar up and down.

I would love to skip going back to that list and just proceed with the next issue.

When you have a bunch of issues it would be so helpful to just head over to the next issue in the list, without leaving the issue.

Martin

Alex Koxaras Community Leader Jun 02, 2022

I know what you mean, but Jira wouldn't know which is your next issue :)

I see ..maybe I could sort the issues by last updated, to avoid jumping into the same ticket again by accident. It's just I have 50+ issues in my project queue and when I receive calls it's not so easy to get into my workflow again.

I guess you didn't hear of any plugins to help with that?

Thanks a lot for your support!

Martin

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you