Can I integrate JIRA with Outlook?

Janardhan March 25, 2013

Hello there,

Can someone please help on this issue like how can I integrate JIRA with outlook so, that I can fire few more quaries?

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Janardhan April 9, 2013

to have an email address to send emails from, and that email address which you have specified will show in the From field in the recipient side.

1 vote
Nari Man
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2013

They do get an email from JIRA. The email from address is what was setup in JIRA config. The email address name says <VIA USER WHO MADE THE CHANGE>, This text is also configurable in JIRA. I am not sure if that is the issue you are refering to but I think it is.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2013

I think you need to define "integrate" more carefully - what do you mean by that?

Or describe the end goal - what does the user see? What do they do, where and what effect on both systems does it have?

Janardhan March 25, 2013

Thanks Nic, but my question can it possible?

Lets come to your point,

when an issue is creating via an email, I added few people in CC and then I am sending to JIRA system, here CC's users should not get an email from ME, they should get an email from JIRA system saying that this is the issue and you are all watchers.

Hope I am clear

Suggest an answer