Can I import multiple values for components field in Zephyr for jira using Test Importer utility?

vivitha venugopal March 12, 2014

Hi,

I am trying to import test cases from an excel file. I want to select 2 components for my test case and When I import with comma seperated values (Example: Signup, Support) in the components field I am seeing 400 error.

Thanks,

Vivitha

2 answers

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2014

Hi Deepak,

You can import in Labels with the Zephyr for JIRA tests utility importer. If you want to import in more than one label at a time, you will need to have the labels in the excel sheet separated by a comma. Please make sure there are no spaces between the comma and the labels or they will not import in.

Kind Regards,

Emily

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2014

Hi Vivitha,

You should be able to import in multuple components no problem. What you will want to do is when you import them in from the excel sheet, sepearate them each with a comma but no spaces. I uploaded two images here to see my excel file and the successful import:

http://imgur.com/lT7Wbqx&SWSmXLE#0

If you are still having troubles importing multuple components in, please send a screen shot of your mappings and a sample of your excel file to support(at)getzephyr(dot)com. We can assist you futher through email.

Kind Regards,

Emily

vivitha venugopal March 13, 2014

Hi Emily,

Thank you for the help the "no space" worked.

Thanks,

Vivitha

Deepak Bansal April 21, 2014

Does this applies to 'Labels' field also?

Karthikeyan Devi October 18, 2015

How if the Component has multiple words with space in between, For Example: Flight Schedule Manual

Like Błażej Masłek likes this
ibrahima diallo April 8, 2021

Hi all, can i add multiple users ID to one test case. I have tried separating the IDs using the Comma with no spaces and this is not working for me, Please can someone help?

thanks in advance 

Suggest an answer