Can I import history of sprints/issues/etc. from JIRA into new instance of JIRA?

Mark H November 6, 2014

Using JIRA and Crowd, moved to a new network/server and need to move history of JIRA to new instance of JIRA.

How do I import old data into the new JIRA?

Currently, I'm attempting to hand jam the data (it's not a huge amount of date) but can not set previous task/improvements/issues to a previous sprint.

2 answers

0 votes
Mark H November 6, 2014

I just read that post; if for some reason I can't go that route, is there a way to put sprint 1 into the new instance while the new instance is on sprint 2?

Specifically, while I'm inputting an old task/improvement/etc. it will not give me the option to add a previous sprint. Is there a way to add previous sprints and add action items to it?

Geert Graat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2014

Once a sprint is ended, you cannot manipulate its contents. So if sprint 1 has ended, you cannot add any issues to it. If you go this route, I think you really need to recreate the history, meaning that you need to add all the issues and then add them to a sprint, end the sprint and add issues to the next sprint etc.

Mark H November 7, 2014

Good info, thank you Geert.

0 votes
Geert Graat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2014

Hi,

So you mean you are migrating JIRA to another server? If the dataset is not very large, you can simply make an XML backup of the old site and import that into the new one.

Regards,

Geert

Suggest an answer