Can I import default values into a multi select field?

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2013

I am creating a custom multi select field that will have a big list of values.

Is there a way to import the list some how instead of entering each one individually?

I'm talking about roughly 50,000 values.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2013

George, you can do it if you automate using wget. Capture the details of adding one using the browser developer console and replay the same using wget.

Another option is a database custom field https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.keplerrominfo.jira.plugins.databasecf

But more than that, you are probably going to making the create/edit screens loading performance bad by having so many values in a custom field.

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 10, 2013

Thanks. Your performance remark nixes the idea.

Suggest an answer