Can I host customer focussed (not public) training videos anywhere in Atlassian

Melanie Dooley June 5, 2022

I'd like to know if I can produce a training video program (where you have to watch videos in sequence to see the next video in the program) in any of the Atlassian products?

As a company we are evaluating some of the Atlassian products, and I'd like to know if there is this additional capacity regarding video based training programs.

The videos are not for public viewing, and need to be based around user access so we can control who sees them, and know what they have watched, and prevent users from skipping ahead before they have watched earlier pre-requisite videos.

The videos are for customers of our products, so whilst we would host them in our system we need to give this external access to the customer

1 answer

1 vote
Łukasz Modzelewski _TTPSC_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 6, 2022

It looks like your are trying to organize Atlassian products into some learning platform (learning path) like Udemy etc.

Possibly, you could be uploading videos to Confluence, and use Jira Service Management to create tickets for customers to watch, then create new tickets when they report that it's done (finished watching), but there wouldn't be other than that (task status) verification. Managing access to those materials for external users (all in 1 group) would be a problem. Maybe there are some 3rd party apps allowing to extend video/training features. 

In my opinion it would be too complicated and hard to maintain. 

With my background, I would probably check for some WordPress solutions, including membership sites, I've even found an interesting article how to do it: https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-create-a-video-membership-site-in-wordpress/ 

Btw. We did some video tutorials, but the goal was to go public with all videos to spread the news and teach users how to use app at their own pace: https://psc-software.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ECSD/pages/634486785/Getting+started 

Suggest an answer