Can I hide the development panel according to issue type?

Martin Cleaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2015

For some types of issue, showing the development panel is just noise.

(E.g. I want to show it for Bug, Story and Feature, but not others).

Can we make whether it appears dependent on issue type?

2 answers

1 vote
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2015

It's not simple, but it is possible.

You can configure the permissions based on workflow steps, so you can remove the "View Development Panel" permission in all steps from the other issue types' workflows, as detailed in http://www.j-tricks.com/tutorials/permissions-based-on-workflow-status.

In that case you can use the jira.permission.viewversioncontrol.denied property in the steps' properties. smile

I hope this helps!

Martin Cleaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2015

Before I implement that, what manual steps can I experience what this would do, including any side-effects? Thanks, M.

Martin Cleaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2015

I'm concerned that permissions apply to all issues in the same project. If so, changing project permissions based on an issue's status would unduly affect everything in the project and thrash the server.

0 votes
Yana Stoliarova May 28, 2020

Hello,

I have used a suggestion of @Matheus Fernandes and it works to me.

We have Epic Workflow and there was no need to have visible Development panel for Epic Issue Type, so I added the property to Workflow Steps (not transition).

Thanks a lot,

-Yana

Suggest an answer