Can I hide project key #

Blessing Ugbo June 15, 2016

Can I hide project key for some or all projects?

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2016

The project key comes out everywhere - the issue IDs are keyed on it, it's thrown out whenever you're looking at a project or issue, it's embedded in urls and the rest.

So, no, there's no way to "hide" it really.  JIRA effectively stops working if you don't have it, as the users won't really be able to use it at all.

Could you explain what you're trying to achieve though?

Blessing Ugbo June 15, 2016

My users would like to see only the task or Issue description without the key. I don't want to remove the keys but hide them.  

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2016

Mmm.  Why?  Of what use is it to remove an easy way to uniquely identify an issue?

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 16, 2016

Sometimes users just have to be told no. How would they tell someone which issue they were working on? It is a silly request.

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2016

I've had customers ask for this in the past. Best thing is to explain to them why a unique id is so useful and then they realize why it's not a good idea to hide it

0 votes
Bharat B Mittal July 11, 2018

How should I sort by title? 21 come prior to 2. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2018

What has your (unknown field called) "title" have to do with hiding the issue key?