Can I hide project key #

Can I hide project key for some or all projects?

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

The project key comes out everywhere - the issue IDs are keyed on it, it's thrown out whenever you're looking at a project or issue, it's embedded in urls and the rest.

So, no, there's no way to "hide" it really.  JIRA effectively stops working if you don't have it, as the users won't really be able to use it at all.

Could you explain what you're trying to achieve though?

My users would like to see only the task or Issue description without the key. I don't want to remove the keys but hide them.  

Mmm.  Why?  Of what use is it to remove an easy way to uniquely identify an issue?

Joe Pitt Community Champion Jun 16, 2016

Sometimes users just have to be told no. How would they tell someone which issue they were working on? It is a silly request.

I've had customers ask for this in the past. Best thing is to explain to them why a unique id is so useful and then they realize why it's not a good idea to hide it

This widget could not be displayed.

How should I sort by title? 21 come prior to 2. 

What has your (unknown field called) "title" have to do with hiding the issue key?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

150 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you