Can I hide or disable voting for a project?

Gregory Kneller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2012

I am looking a way to disable voting in jira projects, while the users may not understand this concepts at start. I feel, it was possible in earlier version, but now I cannot find the way in backend.

3 answers

2 accepted

8 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2012

You cannot do it for selected projects. You can switch off globally as mentioned here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+JIRA+Options

See the 'Allow users to vote on issues' option!

Gregory Kneller
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2012

Hi Johh, pitty to hear that. Ideally, it schould be configurable for projects. Is there any JRA-xxx with this regards maybe?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2012
0 votes
Answer accepted
Gregory Kneller
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 13, 2019

If you want to keep watchers and only remove voters, there is a "gray"  way to hide voting on the project level. You need to inject ajax. For JIRA 7 it looks like

AJS.$("#view-voter-list").parent().parent().hide();
AJS.$("#view-voters").hide();

AJS.$("#toggle-vote-issue").hide();

Ajax may be inserted on project level using https://confluence.cprime.io/display/JJUPIN/Live+Fields  and with function lfExecuteJS, for example 

0 votes
Jonathan Hult January 31, 2019

There is a free app (for Server hosting) in the Marketplace which provides this functionality: Voting Per Project

Vlas Lisnyi July 13, 2019

Hi @Jonathan Hult ,

Actually, voting can be rather not disabled, but hidden in Permissions per project (Voters & Watchers Permissions) by removing all the (needed) roles from permissions.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer