Can I hide a component on one board but show it on another?

Kerry Johnson April 1, 2019

I have recently created a separate board within the project I'm currently working on, to track a workstream that is being picked up separately but is linked to the same project.

I created a component for the new workstream and updated the filter so that only cards with that component would show and this has worked perfectly. The issue is that these cards still show on the previous board, as do any epics I create linked to the new component.

Is there a way to ensure these cards are only shown on the new board and not on the original boards backlog? 

I have tried to locate this information on my own online and using these forums and have not found anything so far... so apologies if this is a really obvious response.

2 answers

2 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2019

Hello,

Add to the filter for the old board something like this:

and component not in ("Your components")

Kerry Johnson April 3, 2019

Hi Alexey, thank you for your response. Each time I tried this I got an error and the cards were still showing on the old board.

It's so frustrating! 

Janet Wilson November 7, 2020

Hello, @Kerry Johnson I too would like to show cards on a component board (Sub-task) and not show those cards in the "Master" board. Something like this: 

Master --> [New] [Review] [To Define]                                                       [ Planning]       

Sub-task -->To Define --> [Business Review] [Technical Spec] [Ready for Planning

Have you figured out how to make this happen? Would you share your filter for the component?

Thank you.

0 votes
Adnan Shah November 8, 2020

Hi @Kerry Johnson, I was facing the same issue please try to add to the filter for the old board something like this:

AND component != ("Your component name")

It works for me.

Let me know if it does not work.

Suggest an answer