Can I have different priority labels and descriptions for jira software and jira service desk projects.

will drummond January 30, 2017

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Defining priority field values

Can I have different priority labels and descriptions for jira software and jira service desk projects. i.e JIRA software, blocker, critical, major etc JIRA service desk P1, P2, P3 etc

Regards

Will

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2017

absolutely. Misread question and misstated as a result... in fact to my knowledge there is not way to have 'Priority' schemes/project.

will drummond January 30, 2017

That's great thanks Jack, the reason I asked was I went to issues > priorities and edited the fields and it changed them across all projects. I have 5 service desk projects plus a couple of software projects.

How would I edit one project? Or does that require posting another question?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2017

Will,

Mea culpa...I misread your request and not sure how sad. After rereading I see that you want different names for Priority per project. This, in fact, is not possible at least you can't use the "Priority" field in that manner. You can however add a custom field to do that but unsure if that would meet your needs. Maybe if I better understood the requirements (why you want different labels/names) I could offer an alternate solution. I'm going to edit my original response too. 

Sorry for misleading you.

BTW, here is a ticket open on this with Atlassian - JRA-3821

Suggest an answer