Can I have different licence for Jira and Zephyr?

Pietros March 25, 2015

Having bought the Enteprise Jira, I am considering Zephyr for test management. However, I would need it for just a few teams (<80 people).
Is it possible to buy Zephyr for only e.g. 100 users and use with JIRA Enterprise? Or the licences have to match?

2 answers

0 votes
Bibek Behera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2015

Hello Peter,

The way the Atlassian Licenseing model works is that add-ons (such as our product) should be at the same user tier as the base JIRA instance.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Bibek Behera.

0 votes
Jim C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2015

Hi Petr,

Zephr is a global plugin for JIRA, so the user tier of the plugin does have to match that of the parent product. You can see this requirement in the "How do I determine my pricing tier?" Pricing FAQ on the Zephyr for JIRA - Test Management product page.  If the add-on license tier is not the same as the parent product, the add-on will not accept the license.

I hope this clarifies. You can always Contact Us for question regarding licensing and pricing in addition to this forum.

Cheers,

Jim Conaty

Suggest an answer