Can I have different field descriptions for the same field used by different issue types?

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2017

In the same project and for different issue types, can I have different field descriptions for the same field? E.g., field_1 is used for issue_type_1 and issue_type_2, but I'd like to have different descriptions depending on the issue type.

1 answer

1 vote
Karalee Kikiros October 12, 2017
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2017

Thanks, Karalee.  I created two different field configurations where I changed the description for the custom field, and assigned these two configuration fields to the same field configuration scheme where each configuration field was associated to a different issue type.  However, the description shown for the custom field for any of these issue types didn't match any of the ones in the configuration fields that I created.  The description was the one that I wrote when creating the custom field.  Am I missing something?

Karalee Kikiros October 15, 2017

Are you server or cloud? If server, try running a reindex. It's the server equivalent of an off and on

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 16, 2017

I'm using a Cloud instance.

Suggest an answer