Can I have different date formats for two different projects in Jira Service Desk?

Cole
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2016

I have one project being used in the US and another project being used in the UK. Because of this I need two different date formats to be used for date pickers, which I know how to change globally, and also the Dates displayed at the right side of a ticket under Service Desk Request, which I cannot figure out how to change.

Is it possible to change the date format for specific projects? Or at the very least have them be display the month as text instead of a number (Oct/6/2016 instead of 10/6/2016)? Otherwise people will be very confused.

1 answer

0 votes
Peter Geshev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2016

Hi Cole,

I think that what you want is not possible, as the date format option applies to the whole server.

Regards,

Peter

Cole
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 6, 2016

Is there a way to set it use words instead of numbers for the month?

Peter Geshev
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 6, 2016

Globally, yes - see the docs of SimpleDateFormat

Suggest an answer