Can I have custom columns and statuses before "To do" column and status respectively?

Hector Chan June 8, 2022

My team wants to include some refinement tasks of PO, Designer to be included on our board. One of the options is to add 2 more columns onto Jira Software's board, and 2 more statuses into Jira Software's workflow (using To do category to be same as default "To do" status) in front of "To do" column and status respectively?

Is it possible? Is there any potential obstacle? What should I be minded of before making these changes?

Thank you!

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2022

Yes, you can define whatever columns you want.  If it works for you to have "to  do" as the title of the third column, that's fine.

The only thing you have to remember about boards is that it is only the very last column is "done", irrespective of its name.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2022

hi @Hector Chan , yes you can add statuses and columns to your board as you desire. are you having issues?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events