Can I have a global project that it's related to childs projects?

Luciano Pallotti May 8, 2017

I want to give my customers the ability to upload Issues in a Global Project without letting them know which project it affects for real.

For example, I may have a Project for API Development and another for Web UI Development, and the customer doesn't know where the requested requirement should go.

I created a new kanban project that only has Epics as issue types, but I cannot work with epics as stories moving them inside the Kanban board.
So I was wondering if there is already something for this.

The main advantage would be to keep updated my customers on what we are working on, and have every dependency updated in Portfolio

1 answer

0 votes
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2017

Hi Luciano,

The first thing I was thinking about is using one single project but splitting it up into several sub-projects using Components.

That way both your customers and teams are working on the same project but you'll still be able to split the issues between the different teams/components of your application.

Hope this helps,

Maarten

Luciano Pallotti May 8, 2017

Hi Maarten, thanks for the reply!

I've never used components before, I'm going to check it out now.

However I have all my teams already working on their projects so I'll prefer not affecting the current projects we have and create a new one for my customers if possible.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer