Can I have JIRA Server Linked to Service Desk and Confluence Cloud?

IntelliDynamics Administrator July 26, 2016

We have Confluence, JIRA, Bitbucket and Bamboo Servers "behind the firewall" here, but would like a "customer facing" JIRA Service Desk / Confluence system in the Cloud for customer support.  Is it possible to have a link between JIRA Service Desk in the cloud to our JIRA Server?

Thanks!

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2016

Hi

I've spoken with Atlassian and as I understand it connecting a cloud instance of Confluence to a local server instance of JIRA Service Desk is possible through standard application linking. You still need to provide a route from the public internet and allow the atlassian.net range of addresses to connect through your firewall to your local JIRA instance.

The two user bases are different and need to be managed separately. This also means a customer logging in to JSD to report an issue, would also need to log in to Confluence to read a KB article. 

Chris
https://getjirified.com

0 votes
David Miller August 8, 2016

We have a related question. We have JIRA. Confluence and Servicedesk installed on local servers with external access to servicedesk and one JIRA project for our support queries. We would like to link this to a confluence KB. Question is if this has to be our hosted confluence system or could it be a Confluence cloud instance. The concern here is regarding exposing our confluence system externally (even one space). Also, How would authentication work using a server hosted servicedesk (with client logins etc.) and a cloud hosted Confluence KB?

0 votes
IntelliDynamics Administrator August 3, 2016

Hi Daysha, No answer yet.  I check here daily hoping someone will know.  Thank you.

0 votes
Daysha Consulting August 3, 2016

Did you find an answer? Could you share it?

Suggest an answer