Can I have 2 instances of JIRA communicate with each other?

I currently have JIRA for CM purposes, we use quality center as a test management too and am thinking of switching Quality Center to Zephyr as an add on to JIRA; however, what CM has in the common fields we will be sharing in jira isn't necessarily what I need for testing purposes. So the thought is to have a second instance of Jira, so that whatever I change or modify doesnt alter the CM process the project has.

I know workflows can be assigned by issue types and all that is no problem. The problem is the sharing of the common fields. If i get a second instance of JIRA, would I be able to communicate with the other instance of JIRA we already have? This would be important for traceability purposes.

thoughts?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote

Well, you'll be able to link them to refer to each other, but you won't be sharing field data.

However, you probably don't really need a separate instance. If your two groups can agree on using a common list of Priorities and Resolutions, then everything else can be separated out (There are workarounds for the resolution sharing as well, and Atlassian have "priorities by project" on the list)

Working on setting up the same instance and see if I can get it working with what the CM group has already. Thanks.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

118 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you