Can I have 2 Portfolio projects with the Agile Boards, but different Initiative sets?

David Freedman November 1, 2016

i have set up 2 projects with a different set of Initiatives (DFI1 and DFI2).  DFI1 and DFI2 are used to store the initiatives.  I then create 2 Portfolio project.  The first portfolio project uses our agile board and DFI1 as the sources.  The 2nd Portfolio project uses the same agile board but DFI2 for the initiatives as the sources.

I can use the two set's of initiatives, but when I save the changes, only 1 set initiatives are saved.  Is there any way to get around this so I can save both initiatives in the Portfolio board?

1 answer

1 vote
Martin Suntinger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2016

I currently don't see a workaround for this: The parent initiative is considered a "global property" of an epic, which means it is not specific to a plan, but the parent link is actually stored directly on the issue, so that it can also be exposed and searched a visible field directly in JIRA, in the same way the "Epic Link" works between a story and an epic.  

Suggest an answer